Your golf cart is a big investment. Some golf carts are expensive as much as cars, you need to maintain your golf cart for its best performance and to enhance its life.
Here, parts world USA (low cost aftermarket parts store for golf carts & other vehicles) provides some important ways to maintain your golf cart. With these small steps, you can keep your golf cart running smooth and beautiful.
- Check air pressure regularly. Air pressure can increase if the tires face direct sunlight continuously.
- Check for cracks. If a crack gets too deep, you should consider replacing your tire.
- Check the tread depth.
- Do the ‘Penny check’ - Simply insert a penny in the tread groove, with Mr. Lincoln facing downwards and towards you. If his head does not disappear, you tire has worn out.
- Protect it from sunlight and keep it clean.
A bad performing battery can affect the power transferred by the battery terminals.
- Clean the battery cable terminals to prevent and remove corrosion.
- Cleaning the car battery with baking soda.
- Prepare a mixture of two tablespoons of baking soda with an equal amount of water in a container. Mix the solution to form a paste, use a toothbrush to apply the paste to each terminal. The solution will begin to sizzle as it interacts with the corrosion. Use a wire brush to remove the remaining residue.
- Check the water level in the cells of the golf cart battery with a hydrometer.
- Use a Cola product to clean the terminals. Pour the entire contents directly on the battery terminals to get cleaned. Just follow up with the wire brush, if necessary.
- Dab a bit of petroleum jelly onto the dry terminals. This will help prevent further corrosion and help strengthen the connection. Reattach the positive and negative cables and you are all set!
MAINTAINING THE BODY
- Wash the body with soap and clean water, using a soft sponge.
- Dry off the cart with soft, clean towels, such as microfiber or waffle-weave.
- Apply a fresh coat of wax if needed.
- Scrub the tires with soapy water and a stiff brush.
Dirt gets easily collected on the windshield of golf carts, especially when you go off-road.
- Regularly clean the windshield to keep it clean and transparent.
- If the windshield is ignored, with time the dirt reduces its transparency and also causes scratches, especially when you use wiper on a dirty windshield and you will soon have to look for a new windshield.
- Just keep it clean and your windshield is not going anywhere!
MAINTAINING STARTER GENERATOR
Starter generator is the most important electrical component of your golf cart apart from the battery and yet, it is also one of the most overlooked part.
- Check the length of the brush by removing the black dust cover. If the top of the brush and the brush guide are at the same level, replace the brushes.
- Check the wiring studs. If any of them is rusted, discolored or melted, your starter generator fail soon.
When your starter generator fails or has failed, you can buy a brand new one at very pocket friendly prices on this website www.partsworldusa.com.