EZ GO is the most popular brand for golf cart in the United States. As your E-Z-GO golf cart grows old you will need to repair it and even replace some parts from time to time. The new replacement parts that you will buy can be either an OEM part or an Aftermarket part.
- OEM parts can be expensive (double of aftermarket parts) and time taking (most OEM parts are not available online and you have to go for dealership).
- Aftermarket parts are of similar or sometimes better in quality and performance.
- Aftermarket parts are easily available online at much lower prices than OEM parts.
You can read our article OEM vs Aftermarket parts to better understand the pros and cons of both options.
Main engine parts that are commonly replaced in old EZ GO golf carts are :
- Starter Generator is used as a combined power-unit (CPU) in golf carts. A bad starter generator will cause the battery to drain out quickly and you may find yourself stranded in the middle of the nowhere, with your cart refusing to start.
(Insider tip: you can buy starter generator for EZ GO golf cart at insane prices on www.partsworldusa.com )
- Battery is a main part in a golf cart. A bad performing battery can affect the power transferred by the battery terminals. So you need to replace it with a new one.
- Head and Tail Lights allow the driver to see the road in the dark, while also helping in sending important signals to other motorists while driving. If your headlights become dim, It can be dangerous to drive in the dark and can also incur a hefty fine.
- Covers keeps your golf cart protected from dust, scratches and other damaging agents. However with time covers get ripped up and you will need to buy a new one.